Secure Cyber Physical Systems
Undergraduate Course, Singapore University of Technology and Design, 2018
This course focuses on the design and operation of secure and safe Cyber Physical Systems (CPS). Students will learn (a) the general architecture of CPS in different domains including public infrastructure, (b) control mechanisms and communication protocols in CPS, (c) programming of PLCs, (d) nature and severity of cyber-attacks as well as detection and defence mechanisms.
- The student will be able to describe the architecture of complex CPS.
- The student will be able to describe commonly used communication protocols in Industrial Control Systems
- The student will be able to program and test Programmable Logic Controllers and Remote Terminal Units.
- The student will be able to build models of a given CPS and, using existing tools, analyze its behavior when subjected to cyber and physical attacks.
- The student will be able to implement, and demonstrate attack detection mechanisms in complex CPS.
- The student will be able to launch and assess experimentally the impact of a given cyber-attack on the behavior of a CPS.